Cosmic Powered Herald
F AM 50
A UN 100
S UN 100
E ShZ 500
R EX 20
I MN 75
P AM 50
Invulnerability: The Surfer can withstand great extremes of temperature caused by the build-up of friction within atmospheres or the vacuum of space or the intense heat and radiation of the surface of stars. The Surfer is also immune to toxins and diseases of all kinds. The Surfer also does not age, though he is not technically immortal in a “godly” sense. Invulnerability to Fire, Heat, Cold, Radiation, Toxins, Disease and Aging.
Power Conversion: The Surfer has the power to channel cosmic radiation into his body and transform it into useful forms, including sustenance and energy for his other powers.
- Ability Boost: The Surfer can augment the strength of his cosmic energy powered body to a degree that rivals the Hulk’s formidable rage-enhanced strength. By focusing on one ability, he can raise it to Shift-Z for 1-10 rounds. Raising physical abilities in this way also increases his Health score accordingly. The Surfer can also raise his True Invulnerability to Shift-Y for 1-10 hours a day or a maximum of Shift-Z for 1-10 rounds a day in this manner.
- Plasma Generation: The Surfer can project extremely powerful cosmic energy blast of Shift X Force or Energy. By channeling cosmic energy to his limit, he can boost this ability to Shift-Z for 1-10 rounds once per day.
- Self-Regeneration with Unearthly ability.
- Heal Others with Unearthly ability. He cannot restore lost Endurance Ranks.
- Detect energy and type anywhere on a planet, with Unearthly ability.
- True Flight: Surfer to fly even without his board up to Class 3000 speeds in space and Shift Z max in atmospheres although does so rarely.
- Elemental Conversion, Molecular Conversion, and Mechanical Creation: The Surfer can manipulate matter and can rearrange the molecules of matter to create other configurations with Unearthly ability. This costs him no health. He cannot, however, create life or living matter from nothing.
- Shrinking: The Surfer can use his cosmic energies to allow him to shrink with Class 5000 rank ability, to an extent that allows him to enter the Microverse.
- Energy Absorption: The Surfer can absorb energy directed at him with a green Psyche FEAT for up to Amazing damage, a Yellow Psyche FEAT for up to Monstrous damage and a red Psyche FEAT for up to Unearthly damage. He can also drain energy from other sources. This energy may be used to power other abilities if needed.
Given the nature and scope of the Power Cosmic, the Surfer may develop other Powers over time.
Body Coating (Body Resistance): His body is surrounded by a flexible metallic shell that gives him Monstrous protection from physical and energy attacks.
Flight: The Surfer can channel cosmic energy enabling him to fly even without his board up to Power rank speeds in space and Shift-Z max in atmospheres. He rarely does so however being that he can fly effortlessly with his cosmic board.
Life Detection: He has the Unearthly ability to detect the presence of life energies within 500 light years.
Energy Detection: Surfer can dtect any form of energy with Unearthly ability within 500 light years
Telepathy: He has Good telepathy. This is mostly used to communicate when normal conversation is impossible. It also allows him to rapidly learn a new language.
Postcognition: The Surfer has the Poor ability to see events that occurred up to four weeks ago. He must be at the site of the event in order for this power to work.
Enhanced Senses: The Surfers senses of hearing and sight are vastly superior to most beings. He has proven capable of clearly discerning human sized objects in detail a light year away. Hypersensitive Hearing and Telescopic Vision up to 1 light year away.
Cosmic Awareness: The Surfer has certain cosmic energy enhanced perceptions that surround him. Thus he can tune in to the universe and perceive the presence of powerful cosmic entities with Unearthly rank ability.
Life Support: The Surfer does not require food, water, or air since he absorbs life-maintaining cosmic energy directly through his skin. Although his body does not require sleep, his mind still does in order to give it an opportunity to dream. The Surfer’s mind only requires sleep about once ever earth month in order to maintain a healthy mental state. (Class 1000)
Hyper Speed: The Surfer possesses Shift Y Hyper Speed. Powers include:
- Substitute for Fighting for multiple attacks and evading. May make up to 3 combat actions per round.
- Substitute for Agility for dodging and catching projectiles.
- Substitute for Intuition for initiative.
- May reach maximum flight or ground speed in one round and has no penalties making high speed maneuvers or starting or stopping suddenly.
Karmic Tap: This power allows the Surfer to tap into his reservoir of willpower (Karma) and increase his Power Conversion by 1 point for every 2 Karma spent. There is no known limit on his karmic tap abilities. This is limited to the same round in which he spent/converted his karma. Rolling an Red Psyche FEAT roll will permit another round of benefit from the Karma spent. This power is considered a free action, may be done in addition to other actions in the round.
The Silver Surfer’s board is a construct of unknown material. It appears to be made from the same reflective material as the Surfer’s body coating. The board is psionically linked to its owner and can automatically respond to his mental commands. It can travel independent of him and return to him if they are separated. When he rides it, the Surfer’s feet automatically adhere to the board’s upper surface. The board has the following powers:
- True Flight: The board can attain Class 5000 speed. Within planetary atmospheres, he moves at Shift-Z speeds.
- Dimension Travel: Once its maximum speed is reached, the board can enter hyper-space to quickly reach any section of the universe.
- Phasing: The board has the Monstrous ability to render itself and its rider(s) temporarily immaterial. This power is used to enable them to pass through a barrier or to travel through space without risking collision damage with spaceborne particles.
- Body Armor: The board has Class 3000 Material Strength.
Due to the Surfer’s high personal moral standard, all Karma losses are tripled.
Martial Arts D, Space Pilot, Zero G Combat, Speaking Profoundly
Galactus, Fantastic Four, Drax the Destroyer, Adam Warlock, Dr. Strange, Fantastic Four
One of the noblest and most tormented cosmic entities in the universe, the Silver Surfer treasures freedom above all else, but has often sacrificed his liberty for the greater good. He was born Norrin Radd on the planet Zenn-La, part of an extremely long-lived and technologically advanced humanoid race which had created a worldwide utopia devoid of crime, disease, hunger, poverty, and want of any kind. Norrin’s mother Elmar, ill-suited to this stifling environment, eventually killed herself. Urged on by his atypically ambitious father Jartran, Norrin was raised as a grimly intellectual youth, encouraged to seek knowledge, advancement and achievement rather than the aimless hedonism which had come to dominate Zenn-Lavian society; however, a disgraced Jartran would later commit suicide himself after he was accused of idea theft (though not before he had taken a new lover and fathered another son, Fennan, unknown to Norrin). Despite his lifelong lover Shalla-Bal, Norrin grew into a restless soul who longed for challenge and struggle, immersing himself in histories of Zenn-La’s adventurous ancient past.
Norrin’s life changed forever when a menacing alien spacecraft pierced Zenn-La’s long-neglected defense systems. Convincing a Council of Scientists member to provide him with a spaceship, Radd soon confronted the invader, Galactus, who intended to consume Zenn-La; Radd offered to become his herald and seek out new worlds for him to sate his hunger in exchange for Galactus sparing Zenn-La. Galactus agreed, transforming Radd into a silver-skinned, cosmic-powered super-being patterned after an adolescent fantasy plucked from Norrin’s memories. Known thereafter as the Silver Surfer because of the silvery flying board he rode, Radd departed Zenn-La with Galactus.
The Herald of Galactus
The Surfer served Galactus well for many years, enjoying exploring the wonders of the universe; however, it became increasingly difficult for Radd to find energy-rich worlds devoid of sentient life. Over time, Galactus subtly altered the Surfer’s mind, submerging Radd’s emotions and repressing past memories. As a result, the Surfer became much more willing to lead Galactus to inhabited worlds, such as Earth. Locating Earth despite Uatu the Watcher’s covert attempts to ward him off, the Surfer caused widespread panic and fought the Fantastic Four1. During this conflict, the Surfer met blind sculptress Alicia Masters, who sensed his inner nobility and pleaded with him to spare humanity. His long-dormant emotions stirred by Alicia’s beauty and spirit, the Surfer turned on Galactus2 and helped fight him off long enough for Uatu and the Fantastic Four to secure the Ultimate Nullifier, a cosmic doomsday weapon which forced Galactus to withdraw; however, Galactus punished the Surfer by trapping him on Earth, erecting a cosmic energy barrier around the planet that was uniquely attuned to the Surfer3.
The Surfer became a melancholy global wanderer, trying to adjust to his new home and understand its people. After a pointless skirmish with Alicia’s jealous boyfriend the Thing4, the Surfer was befriended and betrayed by Latverian tyrant Doctor Doom, who imprisoned Radd and stole the Surfer’s power for himself5; but Doom lost his new might when he collided with Galactus’s barrier, and the Surfer’s powers were restored6. Increasingly pessimistic about humanity, the Surfer tried to befriend fellow outcast the Hulk, but the man-monster’s violent temper drove him away. Next, the Surfer took pity on the Mad Thinker’s abandoned sentient computer Quasimodo and gave it humanoid form, but he was forced to petrify his new creation after it proved to be criminally insane. Convinced by now that humanity was a savage race that could only survive and evolve if the planet were united against a common foe, the Surfer decided to become that foe; he terrorized the world with his cosmic powers until the U.S. military struck him down with an experimental power-draining “Sonic Shark” missile based on technology developed by the Fantastic Four’s Reed Richards. Humbled by the incident and shown the error of his ways by the FF, the Surfer resumed his peaceful wanderings. His abilities were diminished, though they gradually returned to their original power-levels.
Aided by the Fantastic Four, the Surfer resisted attempts by Galactus to regain his services; he also faced foes such as the alien Badoon, the demonic Mephisto (who became obsessed with breaking the Surfer’s spirit), Asgardian trickster god Loki (who manipulated the Surfer into battling his brother Thor), the alternate-future Overlord, mad scientist Ludwig von Frankenstein, the ghostly Flying Dutchman, rogue Zenn-Lavian scientist Yarro Gort (who coveted Shalla-Bal for himself and died trying to destroy the Surfer), the occultist Warlock Prime, the monstrous Abomination7, and the robotic Doomsday Man8. One of the Surfer’s few true friends during these early adventures was physicist Al B. Harper, who sacrificed his life to help the Surfer save the world from the enigmatic Stranger; the Surfer lit an eternal flame at Harper’s grave in memory of his heroism. Several times during this period, the Surfer was briefly reunited with Shalla-Bal, who was used as an unwilling pawn against the Surfer by foes such as Mephisto9 and Gort; but circumstances always forced the lovers apart, sending Shalla-Bal home each time. Increasingly frustrated by his situation and disgusted by man’s inhumanity to man, the Surfer – secretly influenced by Psycho-Man – became more hostile, battling Spider-Man10, Human Torch11, S.H.I.E.L.D.9 and the Inhumans12 in a series of misunderstandings and misadventures; but when Doctor Doom temporarily usurped the power of Galactus, the Surfer helped defeat the villain.